Kitchen & Bath Design News on product trends for the kitchen.
SRB Signature Kitchens and Baths is a full-service, one-stop shopping design center. We have over 25+ years’ experience in this industry. We have general contractors on staff and all of our subcontractors are fully licensed and insured. Servicing Lunenburg, Fitchburg, Leominster, Westminster, Ashby, Ashburnham, Lancaster, Harvard, Ayer, Acton, Shirley, Townsend, Groton, Pepperell, Bolton.
While today’s homes are far from fully connected, today’s homeowners are warming to the idea that technologically advanced products can make their lives easier and more productive. When connected appliances first burst onto the scene a few years ago, customers were skeptical that they would ever need all of those bells and whistles in their homes. Now that they understand their function and capabilities a bit more, they are making the move toward incorporating into their homes and lives.
From working couples to busy families to those aging in place, smart home appliances meet a myriad of demands. Users can preheat ovens from a traffic jam, start the dishwasher from the soccer field, and check whether dinner is ready from the patio. And, the added bonuses of washing machines ordering detergent and refrigerators notifying service specialists when things aren’t working properly brings an extra level of service users can enjoy.
Among the trends being seen in the smart home appliance sector are:
- Refrigerators and ovens now incorporate multiple cameras so homeowners can check contents from the food store or monitor cooking progress.
- Microwaves and refrigerators produce displays that allow full control of a room’s smart appliances, and act as mini computers, providing weather reports and other information.
- Homeowners can now be home chefs using apps that provide recipes and step-by-step cooking instructions, and even program ovens to the precise temperature.
- Dishwashers and washing machines monitor soil levels of contents, dispersing correct amounts of detergents and water to get items clean.
- Paired appliances, such as range hoods and ranges, and washers and dryers, can communicate with each other to provide the correct level of ventilation or drying temperatures for what is being prepared.
- Homeowners can use any smart device to operate their appliances via apps, and also check their function status and service records.